|Posted on 24 February, 2018 at 9:55||comments (0)|
I have been in this industry for over 10 years, when I started this journey i was excited but also a tad scared!! Will people like my work, will they book me? I had my very first client who was also my friend, she asked me to do her bridal make up and i was honoured to be part of her very special day. From that day i knew this is what i wanted to do.
We didnt have social media to contend with back then only pictures yes real pictures with cameras:o Word got around what i was doing and thats when it all began. To be involved in this bride's big day is overwhelming, not am i only the make up artist, im also someone who calms stressing situations down, to help with the dress, to make sure she looks perfect before she walks out the door. I know ladies who say well we are not paid to do that and just walk when the job is done, but thats not me.
Over the years i noticed how society was changing and i dont think for the better, I believe women should be happy with themselves, not having this constant pressure who looks the best, who has the best brows or lips blah blah blah!!!
Slowly Social media started taking over society and the fakeness began, Girls wanting to look like famous stars, not knowing what happens behind the camera and what technology can do to enhance and achieve this look.
I started to introduce proms as they have become massive here in the UK, boy what an eye opener this was, I mean these girls had gone on Instagram or Pintrest, which by the way i love and get some amazing ideas from, but really!! come on, you have a girl who has pale skin with auburn hair saying i love this look, so i look at the picture and think OMG!!!! does she realise that this picture has been seriously airbrushed and photoshot, but she really believes she can look like it and I can achieve this. This is our 'Fake Society' girls believing this is real!!!
I want to be able to enhance the natural beauty of this girl, not make her fake like all the others, but unfortunately i have to make them feel and look gorgeous by doing this which i hate but i want her to love her look. Now it becomes a war whose got the best dress who has the longest extensions and the best contour.
The pressure becomes unreal for 'Girls Today' Lips need to be enhanced, Brows need to be on fleek, Highlighter to be glowing, literally it goes on. We are just living in Fake lives in this Fake Society and unfortunately I cant see it getting any better.
|Posted on 13 March, 2017 at 15:05||comments (0)|
- If your thinking of doing it yourself, dont do it!!!!, think again, you'll be stressing over other things and you dont want to look a sweaty mess before you leave the house do you?:/ and sheer panick takes over!!!
- Thinking of hiring a cheap artist, tut tut tut, this would be someone who doesnt offer a trial, and guaranteed they've spent 10 minutes on the 'Wedding Day' and still forgetting the lipstick!!
- Searching online and just picking one is a no no, get some quotes, look at their work. ask questions, look at reviews make sure your happy
- Ladies this is one of the best days of your life, do you really want to look like ' Coco the Clown
- Finally!!! a professional knows this industry inside and out, Do You???:roll: